Company Profile

Human Resources

 

Nyala Insurance S.C. has skilled, young, and motivated workforce.  The Company’s Human Resource Policy is to follow “Grow Own Trees” strategy and recruit young and dynamic graduates mostly direct from higher learning institutions. One amongst such endeavors is Nyala Insurance Graduates Trainee Program (NISCO GTP) that is directed towards recruiting and developing exceptional performers in order to ensure the sustainable supply of skilled manpower needed to execute its strategy.

In view of delivering a superior Customer Service, the training and development activity is considered as an investment that is geared towards producing flexible and multi-skilled human resource.  On the job coaching and intensive formal/informal trainings conducted locally and abroad are the Company’s routine staff development programs.  NISCO has a strong stance that promotion always depends on merit and the right person for the job principle only.

The manpower strength of the Company stood at 346 of which 58% are male while the remaining 42% are female.  Out of the total employees, about 76% have 1st Degree & above and about 77% of the employees are below 40 years of age with an immense potential to become future leaders in in the financial Industry. The Company always strives to be a preferred choice where employees are whole heartedly happy and devoted to work.

An overview

Nyala Insurance Share Company (NISCO) was founded in July 1995 following the liberalization of the insurance business to the private sector in 1994 with the Licensing and Supervision of Insurance Business Proclamation No. 85/1994. Read more...

Investments

Apart from its major investments in real estates in the downtowns of Addis Ababa, Bahir Dar and Nazareth, Nyala Insurance selectively invests in various financial institutions like Dashen Bank, which have potentially high investment returns. Read more...

Contact us

Protection House, Mickey Leland Street

Tel: +251-11-6626679/80/76